I like baking. Especially when freshly baked muffins that just came out from an oven wafted aroma all over my kitchen is my favorite moment. Do you think I bake muffins or cakes everyday just because I like baking? Nah, I’m a lazy baker.
Come on a journey.
- You just wake up and your brain is still insisting to go back to your dream.
- You finally give up the warm blanket and stand up by the bed.
Choose 3, go to A. Choose 4, go to B
- You step ahead to the kitchen and prepare a packet of muffin mix that you just need to add some milk. Bring the dough to the oven and while it is baked, you take a nice hot shower to awaken your sleepy head. When you come out of shower, your muffin for breakfast is waiting for you. (Estimate time of all procedure: about 30min)
- You step ahead to the kitchen. Look for scale, flour, sugar, milk, butter and weigh them accordingly. Oh, you might need to check the recipe book how much of each ingredient is needed, so go back to your room to find one and pull a book by causing a big avalanche of books that landed on your feet. Open the book but you find out it’s a different book so look for the book again with digging up the aftermath of the avalanche and finally come back to the kitchen with hurting feet. Scale flour··· oh your sleepy head is still demanding to cuddle in your blanket so you spill some flours. Sigh. Just skip cleaning up for now and mix ingredients. Transfer the dough and while baking, you go to the bathroom and take a nice hot shower. Tada! Freshly baked muffin and a huge mess in the kitchen is waiting for you. (Estimate time of all procedure: 1hr and half if no more conflict happen)
A. Good morning! Let’s start your day;)
B. Is it breakfast? No, it’s lunch since it’s already past 11 and you have the kitchen and your room with an avalanche waiting to be cleaned. Do you prefer hearing good morning(ironically) or well-tomorrow-will-be-fine in the middle of the day?
I can see everyone wants to end up in A, so I have a good solution: choosing a muffin mix! Remember, baking from scratch is good, but using boxed mix is still cooking and doesn’t mean you are a failed cook. Delicious is our ultimate goal for cooking!
Blueberry Cheesecake Muffin (Martha White brand)
*Makes 6 muffins
- 1 packet of Martha White Blueberry Cheesecake Muffin Mix
- ¼ cup milk (I used almond milk)
Optional for Icing
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Some fruits
- preheat oven to 425°F
- Mix muffin mix and milk.
- transfer dough to muffin cup
- Bake for about 20 min.
Optional Icing Direction
- Mix all ingredients until cream cheese is soft.
- Spread icing on the top of muffin and decorate with fruits.
Easy-peasy and delicious! With a nice hot coffee, your day will be nice as promised!
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)