When you are tired and don’t want to eat a full meal, salad is a great choice to refresh and boost up your tired body. But, salad could lack some important nutrition: protein.
I am vegetarian and when I went to see a doctor, she said my blood is showing I’m anemia, so I need to take some iron supplement and protein to let my body create more blood.
Having a symptom of anemia is hard because you feel dizzy and fatigue, so here is the best salad recipe to refresh and fuel up at the same time!
Quinoa Feta Salad
- ½ dried quinoa
- 1 cup water
- ¼ medium cucumber – chopped
- ½ medium carrot – chopped
- 2 tablespoon onion – minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lime for juice
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese crumbs
- Some salt and black pepper to taste
- In a pot, put quinoa and water and bring it to high heat. When water is boiled, reduce heat low and cook for about 30min. Remove from heat.
- Toss all veggies together and season with olive oil, lime juice, salt and black pepper. Transfer to a bowl and serve!
Nom, nom, nom…well the benefit of quinoa is already working on me, so I need another serving now!
<Other Quinoa Recipe>
Quinoa in main dish! Cheesy mushroom salad
My legend salad recipe! Quinoa salad
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)