Fried rice is a very flexible food. You can add anything you want, and once the ingredients are different, they can give totally different flavor just in a plate.
I’m writing this recipe right after I noticed I uploaded curry fried rice a long time ago. But the difference is everywhere! I am no longer accessible to shiitake mushrooms, so I omitted using them this time, but instead, I used more ingredients for lacto-ovo vegetarian diet friendly. Back in that time, we were trying super hard to follow a vegan diet but I archived enlightenment: eating delicious food isn’t a sin but wasting them is a sin! If you have eggs and cheese by chance, let’s cook and enjoy tasty food:)
Cheesy Curry Fried Rice
- 1 big bowl of cooked rice (Left-over from the day before is perfect!)
- 1/4 onion – chopped
- 1/2 carrot – finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Some crushed chili powder
- Some salt and pepper
- Some shredded cheese
- Some parsley
- Pour olive oil in a large pan and bring it to medium high heat. Add onion, carrot and cook for about 5 min.
- Beat egg in a medium bowl and mix rice together. Set aside.
- Add rice in a pan and cook for another 5 min.
- Sprinkle curry powder, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer rice to a plate and sprinkle cheese and parsley. Enjoy!
Note: If you want to use a mold to make it fancy fried rice, move quickly and use cheddar or gouda cheese for an easy melt.
Umm, cheesy and spicy make 1 delicious flavor!
<Craving for Curry? Here’s Other Curry Recipes>
THAI curry! Veggie Stir Fry Red Curry Flavor
INDIAN curry! Okra Curry
MY CLASSIC way of curry ! Japanese Style Curry Rice
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)