I love Peruvian food. But since we are new friends, we are still exploring what I can eat in Peruvian cuisine.
When I moved to the Bay area, I was in charge of looking for our new apartment. I went to see several places but an apartment had a huge extra point: there was a Peruvian restaurant!! We are now in a small town, but having a Peruvian restaurant and Peruvian grocery, which I haven’t had a chance to go yet, was so rare and I immediately wanted to live in the town.
Every time I go out to eat Peruvian food, I am excited to see what will be our new food, but mysteriously, we always order Lomo Saltado because it has our favorite food: fries! At first, I felt a little weird to put french fries on stir-fried food, but actually it was so good and it won’t turn down my excitement. Can I make it on my own…? Of course!!
- 1 large carrot – thinly sliced
- 1/2 large bell pepper – cut in bite size
- 1/2 onion – cut in bite size
- 1 large tomato – cut in bite size
- 2 medium russet potatoes – thinly sliced
- Some scallion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon cooking sake
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 cube veg soup stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Some salt and pepper to taste
- Some cooked rice
- Some parsley – chopped
- Cook fries. If you are brave enough, deep fry them. If you are lucky enough, use air-fryer like me!
- Pour olive oil and garlic in a pan and bring it to medium high heat. When aroma of garlic started to smell, add carrot, onion, bell peppers and cook for about 5 min.
- Add tomato and cook for another 5 min.
- Pour cooking sake, soy sauce, vinegar, sprinkle cumin powder and mix well.
- Add fries and mix well.
- Mix rice and parsley. Sprinkle some salt to taste.
- Place rice and veggies and sprinkle scallion. Enjoy!
Mmm, very well! It’s not easy to go to the Peruvian restaurant every day, but if you know how to cook, you can eat them whenever you feel like!
What is your favorite Peruvian food? I should try to get to know more about Peruvian food!
<Other Rice Dish to Try>
Beautiful and yummy! Vegan 5 Color Bowl
Bring Thai flavor on your rice dish! Veggie Stir Fry Red Curry Flavor
Sweet basil gives nice flavor! Eggplant Basil Bowl ~ Gapao ~
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)