Happy new year EVE!!
Even though I’m saying “eve,” I’m ready for the new year to start 2021! But, before closing 2020, I should follow the traditional way of being a Japanese: eating soba on new years eve! The meaning of eating soba noodles on the new year’s eve is that since soba noodles are soft and easy to cut, we pray for any bad luck that happens in 2020 doesn’t stick to the new year. Since ramen noodles are also noodles, many people started to eat ramen instead of soba, but this year I’ve decided to follow the traditional way to pay respect that makes me as a Japanese. Feel like ending 2020 in oriental culture? Here we go!
Ginger Noodle Soup
- 2 bundles soba noodle
- 300ml water
- ¼ cup cooking wine
- ⅛ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon bonito stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger – shredded
- 1 bunch scallion
- 1 stick of dried bean curd
- ¼ bunch spinach – cut into a bite size
- Some chili pepper
- Soak beancurd in water to soften them. Maybe about 30min+. Cut into a bite size.
- Combine all ingredients for sauce and bring it to boil. Reduce heat and cook to get ginger flavor on the sauce.
- Fill water in a pan and bring it to boil. Add soba noodles and cook until they are soft. Drain and rice with cold running water and set aside.
- Transfer soba noodles in a bowl and pour soup. Top with scallion, bean curd, spinach, and sprinkle chili pepper.
Mmm. I used to eat them with shrimp tempura, but bean curd is also healthy with low calorie and yummy!
Enjoy 2020 until the very end of 2020, and have a happy new year!
<Other Noodles Recipes to get ready for 2021>
Gorgeous red color brightens your new year! Spaghetti Neapolitan
Keep your body warm with rich soup! Tahini and Miso Noodle Soup
For spicy food lovers to make new year flavorful! Curry Udon soup
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:) Wish you a happy new year:)