The life in the US changed me a lot. Before I arrived in the US, I didn’t like beans because they make me full quicker than other foods with a very tiny amount. Eating is the highlight moment in life, so finishing to eat that quickly makes me sad. (and my hand unconsciously extends to reach some snacks even though I’m full.) But, as I said, now I live in a Hispanic community and they are teaching me how to enjoy food in a variety of ways. Spending life in a different culture nurtured me a lot!
Here is an example to enjoy black beans in full flavor. It’s cold outside, so cook some warm soup and keep hydrated!
Black Bean Soup
- ¼ medium carrot – sliced
- ¼ onion – chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup black bean – cooked and drained
- 500ml water
- 1 cube veg soup stock
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Some cumin
- Some garlic powder
- Some cayenne pepper
Cheese, carrot, scallion etc…
- Pour olive oil in a pan and bring it to medium high heat. Add carrots and onions and cook for about 5 min. Remove from heat.
- Combine black beans, veggies, water together in a blender and work till they are smooth.
- Transfer them in a pot and bring it to medium high heat. Add vegetable soup stock, milk, cumin, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Transfer the soup in a bowl and garnish with cheese, carrots, scallion and serve!
Mmm, creamy rich yummy soup with lots of protein! With this soup, I think I can stay healthy and powerful in this cold winter!
<Other Soup Recipes to Keep You Warm>
Pink color is cute and perfect to make the night fancy! Beets Soup
The classic fancy French cuisine! Onion Gratin Soup
Or do you want rice in it? Vegan Porridge
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)