Tahini. Condiments made from toasted sesame. Sesame Paste.
From the above statements, I should think tahini and I have a close relationship, but still tahini is my newer condiment. I’m still on my way to find the way to enjoy it at this moment. Its rich toasty flavor of sesame appeals to my appetite but mostly I use tahini to make hummus but not too often. Tahini quietly sits at the back of my fridge dreaming about when to see outside next time. Feel pity on her, right? But this time, I made delicious soba salad by using tahini! What I like about tahini is that salt isn’t added so I can be creative to reach my expectation! Wanna try creamy rich soba salad? I’ve got you covered!
Rich Creamy Sesame Soba Salad
- 2 bundles soba noodles
- ¼ large cucumber – shredded
- ¼ medium carrot – shredded
- 1 bunch scallion – chopped
- 3~5 radish – shredded
- Some green leaf lettuce for garnish
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon bonito stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ lime for juice
- ¼ cup water
- Some chili powder
- Fill water in a large pan and bring it to boil. Add soba noodles and cook until they are soft.
- While soba is being cooked, mix all ingredients for dressing and set aside.
- Drain soba and rinse with cold running water.
- Toss veggies, soba together and pour dressing. Mix well.
- Spread the bed of lettuce and place soba on the center. Serve and Enjoy!
Mmm, creamy rich toasted sesame flavor matches with soba that good? I should’ve tried to cook earlier! My culinary journey is going well:)
<Other Soba Recipes to Check>
Crunchy and soft texture dancing in your mouth! Soba with bird’s nests
Creamy rich flavor burst in your mouth! Miso mayo soba salad
For a cold day! Ginger Noodle Soup
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)