Do you like spicy food?
I love them! A nice kick of taste while eating is the only violence I accept:) Chili pepper powder on soba noodles, crushed chili flakes on pizza, a little too nice kick from Thai chili on Thai fried rice, Sichuan pepper on mapo tofu, jalapeno on my quesadilla…and a lot more! Mmm, looks like a lot of people around the world love it too!
We love pasta with tomato sauce, but sometimes we need those nice kicks, so let’s add some chili flakes to make yummy Arrabbiata!
Fancy hot pasta for your lunch/dinner? Let’s cook!:)
- 160g penne
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- ½ cube veg soup stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Some salt to taste
- Some parsley
- Fill water in a pot and cook penne until they are soft.
- Bring tomato in a food processor and let it work until they are smooth.
- Bring olive oil, garlic together in a pan and bring it to medium low heat.
- When garlic is started to turn into golden brown, add crushed chili flakes.
- Carefully transfer tomato into a pan and bring it to boil.
- Add veg soup stock and salt to taste. Keep simmering the sauce to reduce water level.
- Drain penne and transfer them into a saucepan.
- Transfer them into a bowl and sprinkle parsley. Enjoy!
Well, chilis can’t speak our language, so if they are spicier than you thought they would be, add some more tomatoes to reduce hotness. In vice versa, if they are milder, add more chilis. Tasting is a key in cooking, just be careful not “tasting” all!;)
Mmm, yum-yum! But be careful for how much you put the crushed chili, otherwise they get you K.O!!
<Other Spicy Food Recipes to Get a Nice Kick>
Extra cheese to calm the heat! Cheesy Curry Fried Rice
Even dips should be spicy! Sriracha Mayo
Even Ms. Beautiful got a nice kick! Gorgeous Chili Rice
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)