Happy World Cake Day! Did you know, 5/7 is the day to enjoy fluffy sweet cake:)
Since my favorite season is Spring, my mind is like floating in the sky. It’s good to go to the flower field to see blooming flowers, or go strawberries picking, or green mountains to breath in fresh air. After attending some activity, you’ll get something to pay attention: your hungry stomach!
Even if the popular baking season ended a long time ago, still baking is a great activity to enjoy all year round. And today is World Cake day? Why not baking some cakes! Since it’s getting warmer and warmer, now you need some refreshing cakes, so how about this one for your afternoon tea?
Ready? Let’s bake:)
Double Berry No-Bake Cheesecake in Cocoa Crust
- 65g unsalted butter
- 30g sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 160g all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 (8z packet) cream cheese
- 150g frozen berry mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 180g yogurt
- 1/4 lemon for juice
- 7g unflavored gelatin
- 50cc hot water
- 200cc water
- 150g frozen berry mix
- 1.5 tablespoon sugar
- 5g unflavored gelatin
- 50cc water
Bake the bottom
- Preheat an oven 375°F.
- Mix butter, sugar cocoa powder, and mix them well until they are creamy.
- Add flour and almond milk. Shape the dough into a big ball.
- Flatten the dough by using a rolling pin and place it on a baking pan.
Note: Make sure the tart bottom has enough height, otherwise you’ll face a problem.
- Transfer the dough in the oven and bake it until it is golden, about 15~20min.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for about 30min to cool.
Prepare cheese Part
7. Dissolve gelatin with water and set aside.
8. Combine cream cheese and berries in a food processor and let it work until they are smooth.
9. Add sugar, yogurt and lemon juice. Process again.
10. Add gelatin mixture and mix well.
11. Pour the mixture in the crust bottom and transfer it in the fridge and cool for about 30min.
Prepare Jelly Part
12. Dissolve gelatin with 50cc water and set aside.
13. Assemble berries, sugar and water in a blender and let it work until the mixture is smooth.
14. Add gelatin and process again.
15. Divide liquid part and bubble part.
16. Transfer the liquid part on the cheese part and place the bubble gently.
17. Set the cake in the fridge for about 1~2 hours.
I used a blender in full power so the jelly part got bubbly, but if you like it nice and silky, mash the fruits in a pan while dissolving the gelatin over heat. The texture got fluffy and I actually enjoyed it(I believe it was my first one to get this texture so I found it unique,) but my dinner buddy preferred it silky. Sometimes brainstorming discussion is needed between two people:P
<Other Cake Ideas to Celebrate World Cake Day>
Sweet with a rich cheese flavor! Strawberry Cheese Square
Who likes bitter sweet and tangy? Raspberry Chocolate Cake
2 desserts in 1! Pudding Cake
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)