I like to check the deli corner at grocery stores. They inspire me for new recipes and allow me to get to know how to cook the specific produce/products.
Black beans and quinoa. They are new ingredients for me so I always look for a way to enjoy them. This recipe is inspired by one of my local grocery’s deli corner. If I buy two packages of this salad from them, the cost is double but since I had all ingredients ready at home, why not I should try cooking on my own? So here we go!
Black Bean,Corn, and Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 corn on the cob – steamed and removed from the cob
- 1/2 cup black bean – drained
- 1/8 onion – finely chopped
- 1/2 large tomato – chopped
- 1/4 medium carrot – finely chopped
- 1/2 large cucumber – thinly sliced
- 5~8 jalapeno pickles
- 1.5 large lime for juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Some cayenne pepper
- Some parsley
- 1/2 large avocado – sliced
- Bring water and quinoa together and bring it to medium high heat. When water is boiled, reduce heat low and cook for about 30min.
- Toss all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and transfer to a plate.
- Top with avocado, tomato, lime and enjoy!
Refreshing and healthy eat! Yum!
Some people would be surprised to know a person isn’t familiar with black beans, but here I am! When I started to live in the US, I knew black beans but beans make me full so quick, so I was avoiding them. A picky big eater now regrets that and keeps black beans ready in the pantry:)
<Other Tasty Salad to Try>
Quinoa and Vegetable salad
Onion Tomato Salad
Creamy Tomato Salad
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)