When it’s getting hotter, you’ll see the change in produce section in your neighbor grocery stores. Fresh peaches are here, water melons are here, and…Okra!
Well, a lot of stores have okra year round, but if it’s in-season, they get more beautiful and of course, yummy! I usually cook something Asian theme with okra, but this time let’s twist it and make fusion food!
Okaka Okra Bruschetta
- Some baguette
- 3 big pinches of bonito flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Some cheese
- 3~5 medium okra – boiled and sliced
- Some roasted seaweed – thinly cut
- Some chili pepper
- Mix bonito flakes and soy sauce (It’s called Okaka in Japanese.) Put them on baguette.
- Sprinkle cheese on baguette and toast them until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and place okra.
- Sprinkle roasted seaweed and chili pepper. Enjoy!
Mmm, okaka flavored cheese isn’t bad and mellow okra gives a unique moment to enjoy food! Got a glass of wine? This is how your nice dinner starts!
<Other Fusion Recipes to Enjoy 2 Cultures in 1 Food>
Japanese and American Fusion for your happy hour at home! Japanese Fusion Chili Fry
Korean American fusion, best for BBQ party on the beach! Grilled Sesame Chili Corn
Thai and Japanese! Peanut Noodle
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)