When you go a long journey, what’s your ideal transportation?
Well, if you are going to see beautiful architecture, you need to get there ASAP so airplanes are the best choice. Train? Well, if the rail is there you can, but a little limited choice especially for going to mountains. Boat? Yes, if you are good at balancing, it’s the best choice.
Hmm, boat…isn’t it the best transportation to keep my culinary journey? A Slow cooked zucchini boat with yummy filling catches people’s eyes on a dining table, and if it tastes people’s favorite, cheese, marinara sauce with crunchy bread crumbs…
Here is an edible boat for our great culinary journey to find yummy homemade food!
Marinara Zucchini Boat
- 1 large zucchini – cut in lengthwise
- ½ medium carrot – chopped
- ½ medium bell pepper – chopped
- ¼ onion – chopped
- 3~5 mushroom – chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cube veg soup stock
- Some garlic powder
- Some salt and pepper
- Some marinara sauce
- Some shredded cheese
- Some bread crumbs
- Some parsley
- Scoop out the flesh of zucchini and set aside.
- Pour olive oil in a pan and bring it to medium high heat. Add carrot, bell pepper, onion and cook for about 5 min.
- Add zucchini flesh, mushroom and cook for another 5 min.
- Season with veg soup stock, garlic powder, salt and pepper and reduce from heat.
- Preheat an oven to 375°F.
- Transfer veg to the boat and place marinara sauce. Sprinkle bread crumbs and cheese.
- Bake the boat for about 20 min.
- Sprinkle some parsley and enjoy!
So here is a question. What’s the proper way to eat a zucchini boat? With a fork and knife or is it finger food in the first place? I bet it depends on the location, like if you are eating it in front of couch watching Netflix, yes, just devour on them! 😀 (Just watch for where your mom is🤞)
<Other Ways to Enjoy Zucchini>
Simple yet gorgeous look! Zucchini Carpaccio
Lighter option of zucchini and marinara! Grilled Zucchini Ginger
Well who said zucchini can’t be sweet? Zucchini Bread
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of yummy food:)