Happy National Blueberry Cheesecake Day!
Did you know, today 5/26 is the day to enjoy the fruity creamy cake!
When I was a kid, cheesecake was always simple, cream colored one. But as I grew up, I got to know a lot of other foodies who are on their culinary journey, and wow, pairing cheesecakes with fruits is so awesome! Since today’s the day to enjoy blueberry cheesecake, why don’t we spot a light for them?
- 1 pack of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 50g of sugar
- 1 large egg
- 80ml of almond milk
- ½ lime for juice
- 200g blueberries
- 4 tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g blueberry
- 70g blueberries
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ lime for juice
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Combine butter and cream cheese in a food processor and process for about 15 sec.
- Add sugar, egg and process another 15 sec.
- Add almond milk and blueberries. Again, process for about 15 sec.
- Open the lid of the food processor and sprinkle flour and baking powder. Lightly mix by using spatula.
- Place a parchment sheet in a baking pan and pour dough. Add 50g blueberries and lightly mix.
- Bake cake for about 1 hour.
- While the cake is being baked, combine 1 tablespoon water and gelatin. Mix well.
- Combine blueberries, sugar, water, lime juice and bring it to medium high heat.
- Add gelatin mix into blueberry mixture and remove from heat.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for a while.
- When the cake is cool enough to touch, pour blueberry mixture and transfer them in a fridge.
- Wait until the jelly/cake is set, about 2+hours. Enjoy!
Around 40min after baking the cake, check it in the oven and if it’s getting burnt, place aluminum foil over the cake.
Let it chill in the fridge for enough time. This is one of the reason why my 1st pic of the cake got runny a little bit!
Note: adjust sugar based on how sweet your blueberries are. Berries can be sometimes so sweet by themselves;)
Mmm, creamy sweet cheesecake with refreshing blueberries! So please let it chill in the fridge enough time, otherwise it’d be a little runny like mine…(sorry, I couldn’t wait!)
<Other Cheesecake Recipes for Another Day You’re Craving Cheesecake>
Another sweet and fruity! Strawberry Cheese Square
Do you prefer no-bake? 2 Layers No-Bake Mango Cheesecake
The simple is the best! Ricotta Cheesecake
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)