Happy National Mac n Cheese Day! Did you know, today 7/14 is the day to enjoy the American Soul Food: Mac n cheese!
When I arrived in the US, I was surprised that they were kids’ meals. After more than 10 years later, I was surprised again to hear that they are the typical side dish for thanksgiving dinner. My dinner buddy and I prefer tomato sauce pasta, so we weren’t that interested in Mac n Cheese, but if this is the special day for them, we gotta enjoy it too!
Mac n Cheese
- 160g penne
- 1 hand cheddar cheese – shredded
- 1 hand mozzarella – shredded
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Salt and pepper
- Some parsley
- Fill water in a pan and bring it to medium high. When water is boiled, add penne and cook until they are soft.
- Turn off the heat, drain the penne and immediately bring it back to the pan.
- Sprinkle cheese, pour almond milk and stir well to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer them to the bowl and sprinkle the parsley. Enjoy!
Mmm, this is the ultimate favorite food for cheese lovers, huh!?
Even though it’s a typical kid’s meal, I don’t feel weird that adults still eat them. They are just like Natto Gohan, right?;)
Happy National Mac n Cheese Day, everyone:)
<Other Dish for Cheese Lovers>
The black pepper gives a nice kick! Cacio e Pepe
The classic Italian dish! Caprese sandwich
Great bar food! Korean Corn Cheese
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)