When it gets summer, what I see on my dining table at lunchtime is cold soba! Soba is easy and quick to make, and flavors, toppings combinations are infinite, so soba lets me open up the door for the culinary journey.
Last year I enjoyed a similar dish with Mexican squash, but this year the tomato looked bright red, and I felt they are nicely tangy yet sweet just by looking, so now I’ve gotta enjoy them!
Fancy refreshing cold soba for your lunch under scorching Sun? You made a great choice!
Tomato Soba with Jelly Sauce
*May contain Amazon Associate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1.5 bundle soba noodles
- 1 large tomato – chopped
- 1 bunch scallion – chopped
- ¼ lime for juice
- Bring all ingredients for jelly sauce together and bring it to boil. Stir well to dissolve gelatin and let it cool to set the jelly in a fridge.
- Fill water in a pan and cook soba.
- Drain and rinse with cold running water.
- Crush jelly sauce and mix with soba and tomatoes.
- Transfer them in a bowl and add some splash of lime juice, sprinkle of scallion. Enjoy!
Mmm, I was right, the tomato harvested this year is extra yummy! I should seriously start thinking about growing some in my balcony:P
<Other Soba Recipes Perfect for a Hot Day Lunch>
Another way to enjoy tomato and soba combinations! Okra Tomato Okaka Soba
Mmm, rich and creamy! Rich Creamy Sesame Soba Salad
Oriental noodles to feel SouthEast Asia! Peanut Noodle
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)