Happy National Chocolate Chip Cookie day! Did you know, today 8/4 is the day to enjoy our favorite kind of cookies: Chocolate chip Cookies!
When I was in a college, the stores on campus sold giant sizes of cookies and typically I chose a chocolate chip cookie. I was surprised to know they are usually for lunch since eating sweet snacks is a big no no in my culture, but at the same time, I’m so glad to be in America because I can choose what I want to eat without feeling guilty! (Well, I know I paid the price when I put my feet on scale though.)
Anyway, let’s celebrate it by eating chocolate chip cookies! My version is as usual, with oatmeal for extra nutrition and texture!
Chocochip Oatmeal Cookie
*May contain Amazon Associate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 70g old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon almond milk
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 40g chocolate chip
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Mix oatmeal, sugar, oil, almond milk together in a mixing bowl. Imx well and leave it for a while to make oatmeal soft by soaking up milk.
- Add flour and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Spread parchment sheet in a baking pan and place the cookie dough.
- Bake the cookie for about 15 ~ 20 min.
- When they are cooled down, gobble them up!
Mmm, good! By the way, I usually see homemade cookies are not too small, but not so big, but since the cafeteria in college sells giant size, do Americans bake huge cookies like the one BJ’s Pizza restaurant dessert?
Well, I should do it sometime, with a scoop of ice cream! )and chocolate syrup…caramel syrup…and whipped cream!)
<Other Chocolate Chip Something Recipe>
Who said only brown chocolate chips are allowed? Nutty White Chocolate Cookie
This is easy and yummy too! Chocolate Chip and Walnut Scone
Creamy rich cake with crunchy chocolate chips! Chocolate Banana Cake
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)