Since eggplant is in its season, it’s a good idea to enjoy it on your dining table. I see some people grow eggplant on their own, but my tiny balcony is packed with herbs already. Someday I’ll grow them but until then, the produce section at my local grocery is my future image of my pantry!
So eggplant…what’s your favorite way to cook them?
Make it eggplant parmesan? I tried, and that was amazing!
Add in pasta? Mmm, that makes my mouth watering!
Or simply stir frying them with yummy sauce?
Hmm, cooking with eggplants never disappoints me, so this time I’d like to combine them with a popular Japanese condiment called Miso!
This miso sauce has a sweet yet savory flavor, and this gives a great accent on roasted mellow eggplant. I cooked it as my dinner the other day but can be your bar food to go with a glass of sake!
Interested in this Japanese style miso dish? Let’s cook!
Roasted Eggplant Miso Ginger Sauce
*May contain Amazon Associate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 large eggplant
- 2~3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon miso
- 2 tablespoon cooking wine
- 4 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ginger – finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon each of water and cornstarch mixture
- Cut an eggplant lengthwise and insert a knife several times to make a lattice pattern.
- On the skin side, poke forks several times.
- Spread oil on the surface of eggplant and roast them in an oven for 40 min.
- Mix all ingredients for sauce in a sauce pot and when sauce is well mixed, bring it to medium high heat. Once it’s warm and gets thick, remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove eggplant from the oven and spread sauce on the eggplant.
- Sprinkle scallion, sesame seeds, and chili pepper powder. Enjoy!
When mixing sauce in a pot, try to squeeze ginger a little to get the flavor well.
Mmm, slowly roasted eggplant is hot even after being removed from the oven for a while, so watch for it although it’s true the eggplant is too yummy!
Who’s an eggplant lover here?
Try it, you won’t regret it!
<Other Ways to Enjoy Eggplant>
Heavenly yummy! Eggplant Parmesan
With a big bowl of rice! Eggplant Chinese Stir Fry
Flavorful with herbs! Eggplant and Enoki Savory Ponzu Sauce
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)