So when people cook something, the cook may think whether the food is exactly the same as the one they made last time. If so, they’d think about how to look/taste them differently to attract people’s eyes to encourage their appetite because the cooks always want to see “wow” from the guest.
Zucchini boats are one of them that exactly describes the situation. We can play with the flavor depending on what spices to add, what veggies to add as filling. Today, I have a special guest who came to my pantry during COVID-19 pandemic and still makes me find a way to use: nutritional yeast! They are flavorful powder to be a great substitution of grated cheese, so I sprinkled them to make it vegan friendly yet gives cheese-like flavor on my food!
Looking for a gorgeous side dish to see “wow”? Try this!
Vegan Zucchini Boat
*May contain Amazon Associate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ onion – chopped
- ¼ red paprika – chopped
- ½ carrot – chopped
- Some garlic powder
- Some salt and pepper
- Some oregano
- Some bread crumbs
- Some nutritional yeast
- Some parsley – chopped
- Cut zucchini in lengthwise and scoop out flesh. Set aside.
- Pour olive oil in a pan and bring it to medium high heat. Add onion, red paprika, carrot and zucchini flesh. Cook for about 10 min. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oregano to set taste.
- Preheat an oven to 400°F.
- Transfer veggies in the boats and sprinkle bread crumbs, nutritional yeast.
- Transfer the boats in the oven and bake them for about 20 min.
- Sprinkle parsley and enjoy!
As usual, it nearly became Titanic especially when transferring from baking pan to cooking rack for the photo shoot. As the number of making zucchini boats increase, I get used to which part I should hold to make my boat stable, so practice, everyone, you get a reward of yummy food and photo shoot skill too;)
<Other Zucchini Boat Recipes>
Make it a romantic dinner! Marinara Zucchini Boat
Crispy and cheesy! Zucchini Boat
Creamy one to make you satisfied;) Potato Zucchini Boat
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)