When I was working in LA, I loved eating soup as my lunch. Warm creamy soup with a side of crunchy bread was the best combination, and every time I brought a spoonful of soup into my mouth, I realized how come soup is called comfort food. After I moved to Seattle, soup became my best friend in lunch or dinner because Seattle is such a cool breezing place in the far north. Tomato soup, onion gratin soup, vegetable soup, chowder…mmm, I think I can eat them 365 days in a row!
So today, as I’m missing my besties in Seattle, I make some soup for my lunch. Corn or potato chowder are also good, but I want something spicy so let’s sprinkle curry powder in my chowder!
*May contain Amazon Associate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ½ crown broccoli – tear into small florets
- ½ onion – chopped
- ½ medium carrot – chopped
- 300ml almond milk
- 200ml water
- 1 cube veg soup stock
- Some coriander seeds
- Some mustard seeds
- Some turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Some salt
- Some parsley
- 1 tablespoon each of water and cornstarch mixture
- Pour olive oil in a pan and add coriander seeds, mustard seeds, onion, carrot and bring it to medium high heat. Cook for about 5 min. Add turmeric powder and curry powder. Cook for about 3min.
- Pour almond milk, water, veg soup stock, salt and bring it to boil.
- Reduce heat and add broccoli.
- Pour cornstarch and water mixture to make the soup thick.
- Transfer soup in a bowl and sprinkle parsley. Enjoy!
I paired them up with baguette, but naan or chapati are also great!
Mmm, creamy curry soup is so irresistible to bring the next spoonful! Keep warm and smile on your face by eating yummy homemade food:)
<Other Curry Recipes to Enjoy>
Enjoy Asian bakery favorites! Curry Bun
Green Goddess in curry world! Green Curry
Curry is also good with quinoa! Curry Quinoa
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)