So this is the final day of National Curry Week, let’s end the celebration/appreciation of curry with a curry dish. I bet a lot of you’ve seen yummy curry flavored food dishes throughout this week. Some are Indian curry, some are Thai, some are Japanese, with a creative twist from their own cultural influence. Even though the dish is called “curry,” there are millions of ways to make it yummy in our tummy!
Someday I wish I could visit all the countries to try their dish. Some foods share similar aspects but I bet it would give me an opportunity to inspire the new way of food. So, let’s hope my dream comes true by making my transportation to the journey: squash boat with the flavor of the week, curry!
Curry Squash Boat
*May contain Amazon Associate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 Mexican Squash
- ⅛ onion – chopped
- 1 small carrot – chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Some turmeric powder
- Some curry powder
- Some cayenne pepper
- Some salt
- 6 tater tots
- Some bread crumbs
- Some parsley
- *Optional – some carrot for garnish
- Cut Mexican squash lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, which you need to keep it for later use.
- Pour olive oil in a pan and bring it to medium high heat. Add onion, carrot and cook for about 5 min. Add squash flesh and cook for another 5 min.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder, curry powder, cayenne pepper, salt and mix well.
- Transfer the veggies to the boat. Place tater tots, sprinkle bread crumbs and bake it in an oven for 20 min in 375°F.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle parsley. Enjoy!
Mmm, tater tots that were hiding in the back of my freezer are giving extra crunchy texture and mellow flavor to spicy curry veg! My boat was a little overloaded, but I’m sure it can take you to paradise safely;)
<Other Boat Ideas>
Little Italian flavor is loaded! Marinara Zucchini Boat
Well today’s recipe is also vegan friendly, but this one is milder;) Vegan Zucchini Boat
Boat food can make with eggplant too! Eggplant Gratin Boat
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)