When people talk about spinach in sesame sauce, we need to be a little careful because they could be savory or sweet, and this could be the trigger to get into an intense discussion.
I prefer a savory flavor with a little soy sauce and nutty sesame seeds, so when I met sweet sesame spinach in my school lunch, food culture varies in households and I was proud of me knowing how to eat spinach better.
*May contain Amazon Associate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ½ spinach – steamed and cut in a bite side
- ½ medium carrot – shredded
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- Some sesame seeds
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame seeds together in a mixing bowl. Add spinach and carrot and toss well to coat the sauce evenly.
- Transfer them in a bowl and enjoy!
Mmm, good! Perfect for the side dish for Asian themed meal:) Especially for those who have anemia, spinach is a great source to get iron so devour it!:)
<Other Ways to Enjoy Spinach>
Make a dip to enjoy all spinach flavor! Spinach Artichoke Dip
Mmm, spinach goes great with curry! Spinach Curry
Pesto sauce doesn’t have to be made with basil! Spinach Pesto Spaghetti
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)