Happy National Meatloaf Day! Did you know, today 10/18 is the day to enjoy meatloaf!
For those who are vegetarian and trying to leave today’s feed by thinking you are not invited, just wait for a second. My meatloaf doesn’t contain meat at all! I’m also on a vegetarian diet, so let’s make yummy meatloaf which contains no meat!
Well, until a few years ago, I would pass the food without meat or even beans, but life has so many unexpectations, now I sincerely appreciate them! Seasoned with spices and soup stock, bean loaf can be more flavorful than meatloaf, and it will be your next obsession with food!
*Just be careful on what level of vegetarian diet you are on. Mine contained cheese/egg.
*May contain amazon associate links
- 1 cup dried black beans – cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ onion – chopped
- ½ carrot – chopped
- 1 jalapeno – remove seeds and chopped
- 1 cube veg soup stock
- Some garlic powder
- Some salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- Some nutmeg powder
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- Some cheese (I used Asiago)
- Some mushroom
- Some tomato ketchup
- Some tonkatsu(worcestershire) sauce
- Some cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon each of potato starch and water mixture
- Some parsley
- Some carrots
- Pour olive oil in a pan and add onion, carrot, jalapeno for about 5 min. Add veg soup stock, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and mix well.
- Put black beans in a food processor and process until they are smooth. Combine with the veggies and mix well. Add egg, nutmeg, bread crumbs and mix well.
- Preheat an oven to 375°F.
- In an oven safe pan, put half portion of beans and veg mixture, then place cheese and cover them with bean mixture to cover the cheese.
- Transfer the baking pan into the oven and bake it for about 40 min.
- While loaf is being baked, make sauce by combining all ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- When loaf is ready, remove from the oven and pour the sauce.
- Decorate with toppings and enjoy!
Mmm, nutmeg is my new spice to be in my food, but glad I finally take them home! And choosing the right cheese makes your bean loaf more flavorful and inspires another creation, so play with your ingredients, find your favorite food combination to make you smile:)
Happy National Meatloaf Day to you!
<Other Ways to Enjoy Meatless Loaf>
The softest steak ever! Tofu Steak Okonomi Sauce
Enjoy them in Mediterranean cuisine! Baked Falafel
If there’s leftover, sandwich is always a good idea. Tofu Patti Sando
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)