Happy National Apple Day! Did you know, today 10/21 is the day to enjoy apple with cooking, or of course, eating!
When it’s a special occasion, there is always a cake. So when a cake is brought to the table, someone must think “hey, is it someone’s birthday?” and usually they are right. It’s a part of the decoration on the dining table to celebrate the occasion and sweet, creamy fluffy cake is always loved by everyone.
Knowing how to cook is great because we can have this edible decoration whenever I feel like. My cakes in my memory used to have 2 layers, but I can increase the number of layers if I want since I’m the cook in charge in my kitchen and dining table! So let’s make almost a thousand layers cake with french-born cake: Gateau Invisible made with apples!
Apple Gateau Invisible
- 2 apples – slice thinly by using slicer
- 2 eggs
- 50g sugar
- 50g melted butter
- 80ml almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 80g all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Some custard cream for decoration – I used the cream from this recipe
- Mix eggs, sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Add melted butter, almond milk, cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder and lightly mix.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Spread parchment sheet in a baking pan.(I used the smallest rectangular one from this set)
- Dip apples and transfer them in the baking pan by making layers.
- Transfer the baking pan in the oven and bake it for about 40min.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Decorate with custard cream and enjoy!
Mmm, layers upon layers of apple cake brings nice interesting texture in your mouth! Apple’s sweet and tangy flavor put a nice accent on the sweet cake and custard cream! If you get bored for ordinal vanilla cake or chocolate cake, try this and put a huge smile on your face:)))
Happy National Apple Day, everyone!:)
<Other Recipes with Apples>
Sweet and savory all together! Grilled Brie Apple Toast
Creamy and crispy! Baked Sweet Potato and Apples
Flavorful spiced cake! Apple Cinnamon Cake
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)