Happy National Homemade Bread Day! Attention bakers, it’s a day to bake and enjoy your signature bread!
I’m still a beginner baker so baking homemade bread is still challenging to me. Kneading? Yes, that makes my arms sore the next day. Does my dough rise perfectly? Well I need help from warm water and several bowls. So am I tired/bored baking on my own bread? NO!
Guys, baking your own bread is fun so how about baking some to celebrate National Homemade Bread Day?
As we’re in the apple season, I wanted to bake some homemade bread pastry using apples. As long as it’s Autumn, cinnamon should be joining.
Hmm, I think I’ll be a little indulgent. The aroma of a beautiful harvest in Autumn is the perfect way to enjoy baking bread and enjoy the season!
Are you ready to check how I enjoyed it? Here we go!
Nutty Cinnamon Apple Roll
*May contain Amazon Associate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 250g bread flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 120ml warm water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg – beaten
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Some egg bath(1 large egg and 1 tablespoon water)
- 1 large apple – chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ lime for juice
- Some chopped walnuts
- Take out 1 teaspoon of water from 120ml of water and pour it into active yeast. Mix well.
- Combine bread flour, sugar, egg, cinnamon, yeast mixture together and pour warm water. Mix well.
- When the dough gets together into a big ball, transfer the dough in a container and let it rise for about 40min.
- Prepare filling: combine apple, sugar, cinnamon and lime juice together in a pan and cook until the apple is tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Roast walnuts and set aside.
- When the dough is twice in size, slowly squeeze it and deflate. Let it rest for about 10 min.
- Combine the dough into a few balls and make flat strips by using a rolling pin.
- Place apple fillings and walnuts. Roll them to shape the dough.
- Place them in a baking pan with a parchment sheet and let it rise for about 1 hour.
- Preheat an oven to 375F°.
- Spread egg bath and transfer dough in the oven and bake them for about 20 min.
I recommend using granny smith apples. They have a slightly sour flavor than other apples and it adds an accent on the sweet pastry.
The crispy outside, fluffy inside homemade bread pastry is so good! When it’s freshly out of the oven, your nostril catches the aroma of cinnamon and apples with a comfortable wheaty flavor. This is the possible time to burn your tongue, so be careful, but I know you can’t resist that too!
Happy National Homemade Bread Day all!
<Other Bread Pastry Idea for National Homemade Bread Day>
If you bake a loaf and got leftovers, make pudding out of it! Bread Pudding
Read my posting to drool over freshly baked bread. Homemade Bread
This is just perfect for packed lunch! Curry Bun
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food!