Happy Friday, 2 days before Super Bowl 2022!
Haha, even though my greeting sounds like I’m a huge fan of football, I enjoy it by hearing my neighbor’s cheering every year. The only time I watched the NFL Super Bowl was back in…maybe 7 years ago? One of my colleagues from my workplace invited me to a Super Bowl viewing party, and I didn’t have any specific plan that day so I and other friends went and watched it together.
Funny enough, only a few people out of around 20 people at the party knew the football rule. Instead of cheering players by looking at a huge screen, we enjoyed potluck food. When people watch sports, they need some refreshing drinks to soothe their throat from yelling, and as long as there’s drinks, we need some food too!
Today’s my food is one of the most popular bar foods. The spicy jalapeno holding creamy yummy cheese fillings is easy to pop in their mouth. The flavor matches perfectly with ice cold beer/seltzer water, lemonade, coke…anything! Even if you’re not planning to watch football this Sunday, still this jalapeno popper can be your next fancy appetizer to make you smile!
Ready to check the recipe? Let’s cook!
*May contain Amazon Associate links. By clicking the links, they will take you to the specific Amazon.com product page and you’ll see what ingredients/tools are recommended for making the food of the day. As an Amazon Associate I will receive a very small commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 large jalapeno
- ½ 8oz packet cream cheese – room temperature
- ½ medium carrot – finely chopped
- Some garlic powder
- Some lemon pepper seasoning
- Some dried thyme
- Some panko crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream the cheese until they are soft.
- Combine cheese with carrot, parsley, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Slice the jalapeno lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Transfer cheese to the jalapeno and sprinkle some panko crumbs.
- Bake them in the oven for 15 min.
- Sprinkle some more parsley and enjoy!
- I recommend using Japanese panko crumbs since the crumbs’ size is bigger than the one from the Italian/American brand, so the texture gets nice and crunchy.
- If you don’t have lemon pepper seasoning, substitute with 1 teaspoon lemon juice and black pepper.
Mmm, good! Sometimes jalapeno is like a bomb to add such a huge heat inside of your mouth, but well, they are same as us: everyone got their unique traits!
Let’s have happy hour at home with this quick and easy to make light bites with drink and have some indulgent time!
<Other Recommendation for Happy Hour at Home>
Loaded with yum! Japanese Fusion Chili Fry
Don’t forget dessert! Sake Jelly
Great with soju! Korean Corn cheese
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)