Happy National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day! As April is National Grilled Cheese Month, today’s the day specially set for a glorious day to enjoy Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
When a grilled cheese sandwich is on your dining table, you might consider having it with tomato basil soup (I don’t know which one I should call “main” and the other for “side dish”…both are equally perfect to be called “main” right!?) But, as I’m busy typing, I need a one-bowl dish that allows me for quick eating, so I combined them to make a bread gratin!
I still had a packet of tomato basil soup from Proper Good, so the cooking was pretty easy for me.
Want to celebrate National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day with me? Let’s cook!
Grilled Cheese Tomato Basil Bread Gratin
*May contain Affiliate links. By clicking the links, they will take you to the specific pages and you’ll see what ingredients/tools are recommended for making the food of the day. As an affiliate I will receive a very small commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 packet tomato basil soup from Proper Good
- 4 slices sandwich bread – cut into a bite size
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ onion – chopped
- 1 medium carrot – chopped
- 3~5 mushroom – chopped
- Some Shredded cheddar cheese
- Some bread crumbs
- Some basil – chopped
- Preheat an oven to 375°F.
- Pour olive oil in a pan and bring it to medium high heat. Add onion, carrot, mushroom and cook until the onion gets golden brown color.
- Empty out the packet of tomato basil soup into the pan and mix well.
- In an oven safe ramekin, place sandwich bread and pour over soup mixture.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese and bread crumbs. Bake it in the oven for about 10~15 min, or until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle some basil and enjoy!
- I was totally fine without any additional seasoning, but if you’d like, sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- If it’s available, try using panko from kikkoman! Their crumbs are super crunchy and the size is bigger, so a pleasant texture is promised;) I love the package comes with a resealable bag that actually does its job unlike some other “resealable” bags just for decoration purposes.
Mmm, so good! The flavor is error-free because the fantastic job was already done by Proper Good. The sandwich bread is soaking up all the yummy soup in the bottom of the ramekin, and melted cheese, crunchy cheese part and bread crumbs are definitely entertaining for your meal time with a fun texture!
If you want to know more about Tomato Basil Soup from Proper Good, do check my previous post!
Want to try their product? Get 20% Off from this link!
Happy Grilled Cheese Sandwich day and Grilled Cheese Month to all!
<Other Yummy-Loaded Sandwiches>
Another nostalgic food to take you to childhood memories! Sloppy Joe
Remember it’s National Soy Food Month? Tofu Patti Sando
Double carbs. A big guilty pleasure! Yakisoba Bun
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)