Happy National Strawberry Shortcake Day!
Strawberry shortcake has been “this-is-birthday-cake” and it’s the ultimate type of popular cake in Japan. I celebrated many birthdays and even Christmas with strawberry shortcakes. (btw as the youngest kids in my extended family, the chocolate plate and mini edible santa clause were always mine. By looking back at the memory, I’m horrified how cruel I was…was I thinking “hey santa clause, thank you for the gift and your work this year is done now. Now be in my tummy!”)
It’s not the birthday of me or my family members’ or friends, but sometimes people crave yummy cake, so here it is!
Ready to check the recipe? Let’s bake!
*May contain Amazon Associate links. By clicking the links, they will take you to the specific Amazon.com product page and you’ll see what ingredients/tools are recommended for making the food of the day. As an Amazon Associate I will receive a very small commission from qualifying purchases.
*For 2 12oz ramekin size
Strawberry Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Mix water, oil, and egg together in a mixing bowl. Add cake mix and lightly mix.
- Spread parchment sheet in the ramekin and pour the cake batter.
- Transfer them in the oven and bake them for about 20min ~ 30 min.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Prepare whipped cream & strawberry whipped cream.
- Insert knife horizontally to your cake. Spread cream and place some strawberries. Stack another cake and decorate the cake with whipped cream, strawberry cream, and fruits. Enjoy!
- Now be wise to make 2 types of whipped cream. You can make whipped creams in a manual way or take advantage of having a food processor(or stand mixer, if you’re super lucky! I’m jealous!!) Also when you do, make white whipped cream first to avoid extra washing/wiping time.
- Adjust sweet level of whipped cream based on your preference. If you don’t know how many tablespoons of sugar makes just right, start with just a tablespoon and have taste test time. Then switch your spoon to teaspoon. Adding is easy but subtracting isn’t!
- Be creative for cake decoration & have fun! You’re an artist now!
Yum! The weather was nice the other day so I had this beauty to photoshoot outside. I think I’d better experimenting more and learning about lighting, but it was a great start! Also now I know why a lot of people have birthday party in the park…it’s so nice to have cake outside.(just be careful when you bring the cake around. Sometimes just the right size to make you trip is right there!
Thank you for joining me for National Kitchen Klutzes of America Day’s post! I had so much fun reading about your experience. And while reading all the story, I realized that the kitchen gives us not only yummy food but also a lot of lessons, memories, and love. I hope my blog can be like that too!
<Other Cake Ideas for Your Special Day>
Tangy sweet! Raspberry chocolate Cake
2 types of treats in a single cake! Pudding Cake
Well someone prefers savory. Modan Savory Cake
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)