It’s National Peach Month so why don’t we enjoy juicy sweet peaches on this Thirsty Thursday?
You must be thirsty under this scorching sun, so let’s get started on cooking!
White Peach Lassi
- 1 large white peach – dice cut
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup almond milk
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- Combine peach, sugar and water together in a sauce pot and bring it to medium high heat.
- Cook until the peach is soft. Remove from heat.
- Combine all the ingredients except cardamom in a blender and turn on the switch.
- When the mixture is smooth, turn off the switch and pour it in a glass.
- Sprinkle some cardamom as garnish and flavor booster. Cheers!
- You can use any kind of milk instead of almond milk, of course!
- You can use canned peach after peach season has ended, so save this recipe!
Mmm, so good! I love summer because fruits are extra yummy so that I can just have fruits for dinner…not just for dessert! Fresh peaches are only available during summer, so enjoy the jewel to make your sweet memory of summer’22.
By the way, I don’t know if it’s only applied to my family in Japan, but I was only allowed to eat fresh peaches in the kitchen, over the sink. This was because peaches in Japan were super juicy and it’s almost impossible to eat peaches without making a mess. If someone spilled any drop of peach juice, well, as you can guess, it attracts roaches… If I hadn’t come to the US, I’d probably still be eating peaches in the kitchen.
Do you have any special fruits that are supposed to be eaten in a specific place? I’m curious, especially those who live in tropical places. Is it allowed to cut dorians, the famous tropical fruits with an intense smell, inside of the house? Looking forward to hearing the story!
<Other Peach Treats>
For a special adult-only night! Fruit Carpaccio with Sake Gel Dressing
Perfect summer treats! Peach Jelly
A treasure box of all the yummy fruits! Fruit punch
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)