Happy National Bakers Day! Let’s bake something sweet to keep you sweet tooth holder and simply to enjoy kitchen activity!
Haha, I guess I’m away from baking cakes from scratch, but boxed cake mix is so easy. A little too sweet is the point I admit as their con, but I like its convenience…within 10 min or so, the cake is transferred to the oven and sweet aroma wafted from it.
This time I wanted to give summer vibes, so I used a strawberry flavored mix by adding lemon flavor…tada-! It’s a strawberry lemonade flavored cake!
The official fall started yesterday, but let’s say goodbye to summer until next year (I’m truly hoping for no more heatwaves…a few weeks ago we had a hard time falling asleep even after midnight!)
Ready to check the recipe? Let’s bake!
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ½ packet Betty Clocker’s strawberry cake mix
- Some extra olive for baking pan
- 1 fresh strawberry
- Optional – some powder sugar for garnish
- Optional – some fresh mint for garnish
- Preheat an oven to 375°F.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, and water together in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add cake mix and lightly mix.
- Spread olive oil in a baking pan by using a brush and pour the cake batter in the pan.
- Bake the cakes for about 30 min.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool it.
- When the cake is completely cool, remove the cake from the pan and sprinkle powdered sugar by using a tea strainer. Place strawberry and mint. Enjoy!
- I made 3 cakes from this recipe. Make sure the dough reaches just below ⅔ of the height of the baking pan. It’s going to fluff up while being baked, don’t fill up the pan with the dough, otherwise extra cleaning time may be waiting for you!
- It’s nice to have some ice cream or whipped cream joining the cake. And a nice cup of tea!
Mmm, so good! Sweet aromatic strawberry dough got a refreshing lemon flavor as a nice addition, and since we’re using boxed mix, an error-free baking experience is promised!
Now my official goodbye ceremony for summer is done, so I should get ready to shift fall recipes. Pumpkins, sweet potatoes, apples, nuts…the new yummy food is waiting for us and that’s why I like having 4 seasons!
What are you going to cook this fall? Let’s exchange the idea and nurture foodie spirits!
<Other Baking Ideas>
It’s Vegan and Gluten-free too! Coconut Cookies
Pair up with your favorite fruit sauce! Raspberry Cheesecake
Perfect for breakfast and afternoon snack! Coffee Roll
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)