Agh, I think we’ve been kind of tired lately. I feel like everyday passes so quickly, and when it’s already time that I’m supposed to start cooking, I’m like “Hey, already!?”
My dinner buddy seems tired too…Or did he just have a big snack? When I ask him “What do you feel like eating tonight?” His answer is like “Something light.” As a result, our recent regular item for dinner is just a fruit platter. Thanks to the beautiful season, there are so many colorful, refreshing fruits available in my neighbor’s market. So even though I say “just a fruit platter,” my dining table isn’t looking poor.
Today’s food is perfect for a picnic potluck item too, so please join me!
Ready to check it? Let’s cook!
*May contain Amazon Associate links. By clicking the links, they will take you to the specific Amazon.com product page and you’ll see what ingredients/tools are recommended for making the food of the day. As an Amazon Associate I will receive a very small commission from qualifying purchases.
- Scoop out flesh from cantaloupe and set aside.
- Peel and slice up all fruits and transfer them in a cantaloupe bowl.
- Pour seltzer water and serve!
- If you’re making them for potluck, it’d be better to make it beforehand and store them in a fridge. In this way. The fruit juice is mixed with seltzer water and it gets more yummy!
- I use unflavored seltzer water for this recipe. You can use any seltzer water as long as it’s clear color, so find your favorite!
- Of course the fruit choice is totally up to you! Hit a market and find anything that is appealing to you!
I might hear you’re saying “is it really cooking? You just cut the fruits and that’s it!” yes, I agree, but as long as you stand in the kitchen, it’s cooking:)
Summer is in full bloom, but don’t skip meals but stay energetic by eating this vitamin packed food! Today is National Culinarians Day, so how about cutting the fruits in fancy way and be a culinarian?;) Now raise your glass, and say “Cheers!”
<Other Perfect for Summer Food>
Eat colorful! Summer Soba Salad with Wildbrine Sauerkraut
It’s grilling season and the perfect side dish is this! Spicy Cilantro Coleslaw Salad
Japanese traditional summer treats! Mizu Yokan (Red Bean Paste Cake)
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)