Do you like burgers?
When I first arrived in the US, I was surprised to see huge burgers served in a restaurant. In my home country, I can get some burger from a fast food restaurant but not from other places, so the biggest burger I’d seen was a big mac from McDonald’s. After spending several years, I can list up bigger burgers named without “big.” Now, I’m struggling to find big burger buns from a store, I’ll show you my way of Japanese fusion burger stacked in rich homemade teriyaki sauce. What? Are you on a vegan diet? I got you covered!
Ginger Teriyaki Tofu Burger
- ½ pack tofu – pressed for about 30 min.
- ⅛ onion – chopped
- ½ carrot – chopped
- Some salt
- Some garlic powder
- ¼ bunch parsley – chopped
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup cooking wine
- ¼ soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 30g ginger – grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 burger buns
- 2 leaves green lettuce
- ⅛ onion – thinly slice
- Some jalapeno pickles
- Pour olive oil in a pan and cook onions and carrots until they are golden brown. Set aside.
- Mash tofu in a bowl and add veggies. Sprinkle salt, garlic powder, parsley, bread crumbs and mix well. Make balls and flatten them for patties.
- Pour olive oil in a pan and pan-fry tofu patties until they are crispy outside but fluffy inside. (Don’t worry, the patties are already edible so you don’t have to worry about if they are cooked enough!)
- While patties are cooked, toast buns and assemble toppings.
- Combine all ingredients together in a small pot and bring it to medium high heat until sauce is thickened.
- Build a burger with patties and veggies, and serve!
Mmm, a lot of nutritionist says burger isn’t nutritious, but as everyone knows, yummy food gives a great amount of nutrition in our emotion:)
<Other This-is-America Dish>
The ultimate lunch pack! Peanut Butter and Jelly
Or do you vote for savory? Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Eat this while watching baseball game! Classic Soy Hot Dog
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)