When you were a kid, what did you like to eat for school lunch?
Yesterday, 1/24 was the school lunch anniversary in Japan to thank the warm, nutritional school lunch is served. During lunch time, kids eat exactly the same food distributed by school, so sometimes we had lucky day and unlucky day that I had to eat controversial food in 30min, then I could go play outside.
Today’s recipe is from my lucky days back in my childhood. The flavor of fresh ocean with sweet yet savory rice was everyone’s favorite. We had many mixed rice appeared on our lunch, but this is what every kid looked forward to. Do you want an experience as lucky kids? Here is how!
Wakame Seaweed Mixed Rice
- 1.5 cup rice (use medium grain rice for the best result)
- 1.5 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried wakame seaweed
- 1/4 medium carrot – finely chopped
- Some salt to taste
- Some sesame seeds
- Cook rice.
- Soak dried wakame seaweed in water until they are soft. Squeeze off water and finely chop.
- Mix carrots, wakame seaweed, and rice together. Add salt to taste and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
Kids prefer this one than just plain rice, so if you are struggling to feed your kid eat rice, try this!:)
<Other Mixed Rice Recipes to Try>
Refreshing with sour plum pickles and perilla! Sour Plum Perilla Mixed Rice
A hint of ginger on your rice! Ginger Bonito Rice
Cute reddish pink for your eyes and stomach! Radish Rice
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)