The bitter yet delicate, sophisticated flavor attracts a lot of people. You can enjoy them not only as a drink but also snacks and desserts. You’d be surprised how expensive it can be in the US, but you pay what you pay for, meaning you won’t regret the flavor it will give.
After enjoying several matcha latte for afternoon tea, I finally decided to bake a cake with them. With crunchy walnuts all over the cake, it will be gone before you know it!
Ready for baking time? Let’s cook!
Vegan Matcha Cake
- 70g sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup veg oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 tablespoon matcha powder
- 150g walnuts – chopped
- 250g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Roast walnuts in a pan. Set aside.
- Mix sugar, water, vegetable oil, salt, matcha powder in a big mixing bowl.
- Add walnuts, flower, baking powder and mix well without kneading it. (spatula works great)
- Transfer the dough in an oven-safe pan and bake it for 30 min.
- Poke the cake and if nothing sticks, the cake is ready.
- Remove from the oven and cool them down.
- Set a fancy dish and enjoy!
After you add flour, try to mix them in less than 10 touch. As many times you touch the dough, the cake will be rock hard!
Mmm, bitter but this is what I was expecting! The sophisticated sweet bitter is perfect for feeling your taste buds feel the delicate flavor:)
Coincidentally today is National Take a Walk in the Park Day, so how about bringing it to the park? Eating yummy snack around beautiful nature is such a dreaming moment:)
<Some Other Cake Recipes to Have Fun Baking and Enjoy Tasty Cakes>
Perfect for sleepyhead Monday breakfast! Banana Coffee Cake
Perfect for feeling the holiday season is around the corner. Apple Cinnamon Cake
Or those who prefer bakings with roots veg in season. Sweet Potato Cake
Enjoy home cooking and your own creation of homemade food:)